$140 per hour
Individual equine-assisted psychological counselling sessions are available to private clients and clients on a GP Mental Health Care Plan.
*If you are referred under a Mental Health Care Plan, the cost of your sessions can be subsidised through Medicare.
‘The Way of the Horse’ Session
A 1.5-hour psycho-educational group session targeted at adolescents/school-groups. Participants will learn what horses can offer us as humans and important social-emotional skills for life through the way of the horse, such as clear boundary setting and communication, managing emotions, and leadership skills.
This session is designed to be facilitated in conjunction with a horse trail-ride through Ryders Horse Riding Tours.
This is a wonderful opportunity for participants to be challenged and engage in practical, physical, outdoor activities combined with a self-reflection and personal development component.
‘At-risk youth’ Group Programs
$90 per person/per session
Group price per session can also be negotiated for organizations depending on group size and program duration.
A group program aimed at addressing the multiple and complex needs of youth at risk of academic, social, emotional, and behavioural problems including substance abuse, school drop-out, mental health problems, and offending behaviour. These group programs are tailored to suit the needs of the group in regards to program focus, group size, session frequency, and program length.
Outcomes can include:
- building resilience;
- coping skills;
- problem-solving skills; and
- capacity to regulate emotions
- improving communication
- developing trust and healthier relationships
- building empathy
- developing a better understanding of the function of problematic behaviour
- developing healthier ways of getting needs met
Horse Wisdom Program
This is a 7 session program that can be delivered individually or in a group. Sessions are 2 hours in duration (shorter if delivered individually).
A social, emotional, and behavioural skills-based program helping clients to:
- Learn social-emotional skills for life
- Develop awareness of self, others, and environment
- Explore behavioural, emotional, and thought patterns
- Create healthy relationships
* The program can be tailored to suit the particular needs of the group or individual (e.g., session topics addressed within the context of a particular problem area such as substance abuse).
Different delivery options and pricing are listed below:
- Group ‘Horse Wisdom Program’ sessions
– $90 per person/per session OR group price per session negotiated for organizations. Frequency of sessions and number of sessions delivered per day/week can be negotiated (e.g., one session per week over 7 weeks OR more sessions per week over a shorter period of time).
- 1-day Group ‘Horse Wisdom Program’
– $700. 9:30am – 4:30pm with lunch provided.
- Individual ‘Horse Wisdom Program’ sessions
– $140 per session.